Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Still Breech!

I had my weekly appointment and another ultrasound just to confirm that Taryn is indeed STILL breech.  The first thing that showed up on the screen was her rather large head- LOL 

I can't lie- I was secretly hoping that she would turn.  I really wanted the experience of pushing and having her immediately laid on my chest.  I wanted my husband to cut the cord and for us to have that picture perfect birth that we all dream about.  However, I know that the ultimate goal is a healthy baby and that's what's most important. 

So, today we put the date in stone... paper really.  The official date will be Friday, June 10th.  I signed the consent form, they informed me of the dangers and took bloodwork.  Unless, a miracle happens and she manages to turn herself south, it's a done deal. 

I've been doing a lot of reading about things that I can do that might help her make the transition to the proper head down position, but ultimately I know that what will be will be and I'm getting myself prepared for what will probably be my reality- a C-section.  Not the birth I wanted, but one I'd gladly endure if it gets my girl here safe and in my arms.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girly, I know how you feel, I have had to have sections with all of my kiddos. You never know, she could turn in the next week!! Fingers crossed:)

    ReplyDelete