Gone are the days of doing exactly what we want, when we want. We are on someone else's schedule now... Taryn's schedule!
We knew from the get go that our daughter had a very head strong personality. She can go from 0-60 in no time. Her temper is off the chain! (meaning crazy)
I never knew that I could exsist on such little sleep. Not to mention, I'm still not feeling 100% after having my C-section two weeks ago. I'm not going to lie, there are times that I feel overwhelmed and I just want to run and hide. And- the bad thing is that my Mother has been here for the past 2 weeks and I have not had complete responsibility of my own child yet!
I guess that as a new parent that I had this ideal picture of bringing my baby home and staring at her in bliss as she drifted off to sleep at a decent hour at night. That we'd all wake up after a night of predictable feedings and dress her up in pretty things and just love on her-- and no, I'm not on crystal meth... just clueless apparently about real life after a newborn.
I feel guilty for feeling like I'm frustrated because in all reality, she's only 2 weeks old and is still figuring out her place in this new outside world. Please don't get me wrong, I love Taryn with all of my being. After our fertility issues, I'm extremely grateful to even be in this position. It's just that Parenthood took me by surprise! It's hard! I'm only 2 weeks into it and it's kicking my a**.
BUT- this morning I woke up to a peaceful girl all snuggled up in my arms and all is right with the world again. I'm ready to face another day. Life lately seems like a rollercoaster of big ups and a few brief downs. Looking into my daugher's sweet face makes me realize that the fun and excitement of the ride up, more than outweighs the alternative.- Life is good! xoxo
Park City Utah
4 years ago
I'm glad you were soo honest and posted this, because you can never really prepare for how sleep deprivation and the stress and work of a new baby gets to you. Good luck and enjoy her, she's such a doll and blessing!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I think we're just adjusting... in survival mode. I hear that it gets better. Thanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDelete