Friday, June 10, 2011

Reflection: A Letter to My Daughter

Dear Taryn,

It's early in the morning and I'm sitting here with great anticipation of our meeting in just a few hours.  You are obviously just as anxious as I am because your movement is particularly fevered.  It's amazing how much a year can change lives.  I'm no longer longing to be pregnant, but eager to fulfill my dream of being a mom and raising you.

During the hardest times of my life, waiting for you, I remember drowning in God's Word and trying to remember all of his promises to me.  I knew that he'd never leave me and never forsake me, however, at the time due to my human nature, I felt alone and abandoned.  I had to work really hard to stand on faith that God would provide.

"God- I stand on the promise that I am loved and highly favored... that it is your desire to bless me... that whatever I ask for in Your name will be given to me..."

It took over a year for God to respond.  You, my love, were my promise- my long awaited prayer.  Your growth and development has allowed me to breathe, to be happier than any person can/should be and to forever know that God is always with me and is true to his word.

Taryn means innocent and your middle name Elizabeth means "God Promise"- because you are the answer to my long awaited prayer.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!  I can't wait to meet you!

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Happy birthday Taryn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Happy Birthday Taryn!!! I pray all went well. Looking fwd to ur nxt post.

    ReplyDelete