Living in the South is great! I love the weather, the friendly people and the sense of family and its importance that seems to permiate in the daily life of the residents here.
However, since becoming pregnant and swollen, I've also noticed a little judgement from the "older" crowd when out and about with my big belly and ringless finger. I specifically notice these looks from older women, which I don't understand because any woman that has ever carried a child should know that there just comes a time when wearing a ring becomes impossible. For myself, my wedding ring that used to fit loosely on my ring finger, barely squeezes by the knuckle of my pinky finger these days.... I know sad!
So, what's my point?
The point is that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover... Or in this case a woman by the lack of ring on her finger. I'm very pregnant and VERY MARRIED...and I'm a little annoyed.
- And for the record I'm not putting my rings on a chain around my neck, getting my husband's named tattoed on my finger or buying a fake Walmart ring to prove it to anyone! So, stop judging me!
Have any of you experienced this? Does it bother you?
Park City Utah
4 years ago

I sooo understand where you are coming from. I get feel like I get stares for the same thing. I just chuck it up to I look younge than I am.
ReplyDeleteI sooo feel you on this one! LOL... I am 10 weeks post partum and last time I tried my rings on they were a bit snug, so Im still not wearing them. One day I was out shopping and someone stopped to talk to me about my baby and asked me if my BOYFRIEND was tall. I responded - "My husband is average height" LOL I guess it doesnt help that I look so young too. It doesnt really bother me because people always make assumptions about everything. So, dont worry about it my dear.. just let them continue to assume and make an A-$-$ out of themselves (excuse my french)!
ReplyDelete