Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Recap

1.  The weather has been gorgeous lately.  We've been in the 70's and 80's for the past week and a half.  I think Spring has officially sprung in the South.  It was 87 on Friday to be exact and was even more lovely on Saturday!



2.  My mom came down for the weekend and we enjoyed breakfast together and shopping.  It's always nice to get out of the house.  Now that the weather is great and I can put my elephant feet in sandals, being out and about isn't so bad.

3.  On Sunday I got a visit from my sister and mother in law.  They did the sweetest thing ever by giving me an impromptu baby shower.  It was so sweet and thoughtful.  Here is what they brought:


My sister in law is a doctor and I thought it was nice that she thought to pick up things that I wouldn't have gotten myself  until I needed them- LOL.  Things like eye drops, butt paste, sun screen....

Sleep Rabbit:  It very similar to the sleep sheep, except it's pink and super adorable.  It has about 5 sound effects to help soothe Taryn.  I think I'll use her sheep for her pack and play and the bunny for her crib.


Froggy Hooded Towel:  Just so cute!  It's huge and will be great for bathtime with daddy. 


Clemson Girl Gear:  She is her Aunt's niece... She will wear clemson, when not in Ohio State gear of course.  The shoes squeek when you walk and I don't know about you, but I see her name under that paw- I love monogramming!


A super soft pink blanket.  It's the softest thing ever!  I love it and I think Taryn will also.  I plan to hang this on her crib once her bedding arrives.


This cute little book is written by  a friend of my Sister in law.  The author, Hannah Budic wrote a personal inscription to Taryn, which as a teacher, I thought was sweet.  Especially since we'll be reading a lot of books in our house because Daddy is also a teacher... and Grandpa P was one too!

I was overwhelmed with how thoughtful this was.  So, thanks Grandma P and Aunt T!

4.  I ordered curtains for Taryn's room.  I had won a gift card from the Pottery Barn Kid's facebook page and my mother in law gave us a gift card also.  So, I combined them, and with shipping and tax I only had to pay $15 dollars out of pocket!  This is what they look like:

 
I thought they would be perfect against her pink walls. 


I can't wait for her bedding to get here!

5.  I also have to give a big shout out to my husband for going out and getting me big, supersized cups of rasberry and cherry icees.  I'm addicted to them... and even when he's really into March Madness games, or half asleep, he will get them for me because he knows they make me happy = LOVE THIS MAN!

6.  Here's a picture of me and the bump.  I think my face is huge, but I've waited to be pregnant for so long that I'm not going to complain about my size anymore.  I'm extreemely grateful to be in this place and excited to meet my baby girl soon.


1 comment: