Thursday, March 10, 2011

Baby Fashion Week: Southern Babies and Hair Bows


My Very Small and Amature Collection- I'm working on it!
 I'm not originally from the South. I'm a Northern transplant who now lives here. When I got here, I distinctly remember seeing little girls from infant to early elementary rocking these HUGE hair bows and thinking to myself- "Wow, isn't that a little overkill?"


Until I moved here, I'd never seen the array of styles that hair bows come in. Up North, most babies wear the kind that comes with an outfit. But in the South, you can get them big, small, monogrammed, bedazzled, plain colored, multi-colored, on a headband, without a headband.... The choices are limitless, and did I mention REQUIRED.

If you have a baby girl in the South that doesn't wear a bow, you ARE a bad mother momma! I mean, who in the heck would walk out of the house without putting their baby on a bow? And not just any bow- a bow bigger than the child's head. Because, everybody knows that the bigger the bow, the better the momma!

So, yes, I've jumped on the band wagon. Taryn will be a true Southern baby with bows of all sizes. Next up, Smocked dresses, rompers and all things monogrammed!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, thank you so much for listing my blog in your sidebar. I am *tickled* to see it there. I love the bows in your post, a little girl can never have too many bows!

    Have a great weekend!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you're from N.E. Ohio and that's where we are originally from. It's nice to read your blog to get a glimpse of our old hometown and that crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete