Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our Guest Bathroom

Our house is roughly 1300 sq feet.  For our first few years here I was obsessed with moving to a bigger place.  Once I sold the house in Charlotte and found out what it meant to have money to do whatever we wanted, those ideas slowly went away.  I started to ask myself "why?"

Why do we need to move?
Why do we need more space when right now it's just the 2 of us?
Why do we even need more space when 2 becomes 3?

I realized that it's more of a want to keep up with the Jone's thing, but I'm over it and having money to vacation, save and to not be living pay check to pay check- just makes sense.  We also get the benefit of working to become totally debt free in about 3 years (:: waving- Bye-bye grad school loans).

So, since we decided to stay put, we wanted to make the space "ours".  I just couldn't stand living in a place that I didn't love.  We constantly would justify this "settling" by telling ourselves that we'd just live with things the way they were because we'd be moving in 3 years anyway. 

FORGET THAT!

Lifes too short for that bull.  So, we I decided that we're going for it... and it all began here- with this bathroom:

Before pics:



After:




We still have some touch ups to do like putting a second coat of paint on the trim, put up a shower curtain and clean, clean, clean!!  I think it looks great already!  Our bathroom is tiny!  So, it's hard to get really good pics.

Here are our inspirtation pics:



4 comments:

  1. I love what you guys did to your bathroom.
    What talent! What imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It really needed a face lift. It's so hard not to want to change everything at once-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did an amazing job! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Faith!

    It's a HUGE improvement!

    ReplyDelete