But, instead of B*tching about what is missing, we decided to embrace what it has and add what it's lacking.
When I came across this inspiration picture it was on!
Here's the Before shot (Ignore the stuff on the table...don't ask)
We moved the side table into the family room and taped off a line for the chair rail.
If you look above, the kitchen counter originally spilled out into the dining room. When we put the new countertops in, we didn't extend them. Instead, we continued the wainscotting. It really opened the room up.
Now, the Mr. and I are not the carpenter types. So, although we measured out the plumb line and mapped out how far the boxes should be, we hired someone else to actually do the work.
Here is the final result:
We obviously need to add some type of art... but, I'm going to wait to find something I love. I've learned that rushing only forces a redo... and I'm not willing to go there. So, if you have suggestions please share.
Here are some links you might find helpful:
ReplyDeletehttp://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-dining-room-centerpiece.html
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1R2GPTB_en&q=dining+table+decoration&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=8MQzTJLzHMG78ga_l7nKCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDUQsAQwAA
http://www.zimbio.com/Dining+Table+Centerpiece+Ideas
http://www.hgtv.com/topics/centerpieces/index.html
Thanks for the suggestions!
ReplyDelete