| My Newborn Stash |
The truth is that I just think they are super cute! I also like the added benefit that babies who are cloth diapered usually potty train earlier and easier than their disposable diapered friends. They come in an array of different colors, patterns and texures. They are also very convenient (no late night runs for diapers). They definitley aren't the cloth diapers that I remember my mom using on my brothers when we were younger.
Lately, I've been thinking about if I made the right decision with investing in a stash that will last me through potty training. What if I don't enjoy it like I think that I will? Especially since I hear that breastfeading will be much harder than I think it will be.
To help out with the transition of new motherhood and all the "newness" that comes with it, including my decision to cloth diaper, I've made the decision to use disposables for the first week or two while I adjust to breast feeding. I also thought that this might give the baby time to loose it's umbilical cord and make using the diapers I have easier.
I did invest in a variety of diapers. However, I found myself buying the same 4 brands for each stage/size of diapers: Bum Genius, Fuzzi Bunz, Thirsties and Grovia shells with disposable inserts. I hope my instincts were right about the brands I chose as well as my decision to cloth diaper. I guess only time and practice will tell.
Do any of you cloth diaper or are thinking about it? What was/is youlr experience?
Visiting you from thebump.com... I think you will love cloth diapering so much more! I think disposables let off an awful odor when they are soiled too. I personally LOVE fuzzibunz and have used them on a couple of kids I have worked with over the years. I know it is much easier to keep up with and is financially a much better decision as well! Good luck! EMLYNNLERETTE
ReplyDelete