Friday, March 5, 2010

Getting out there

Since I've moved to SC, I have not exactly embraced it.  We live in a small tourist driven area and I'll admit that I miss the convenience of a REAL city.  I have to drive to the beach to get to a subpar Target and from Spring break until Labor Day I'm unable to even get to said subpar Target in less than 40-45 minutess-Blah!

So, after realizing that we  have jobs and everything here... we can't exactly pick up and move (at least not this minute... but have been talking about changes).  I've decided to get out there and meet people.  Yes, I'm going to invest in making friendships.  This scares me because if I like my new friends, it might be a reason to stay here a little longer (okay maybe it isn't THAT bad- but you know- gotta have a little drama)

So, I'm now taking a sewing class.  This is something I've always wanted to do and suprisingly enough there are a lot of other young women who had this same desire.  It's quickly become my newest hobby and I'm really enjoying it. 

My first project for my little niece Taylor is almost done.  It's really cute and actually looks "professional" LOL.  I'll post when it's complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment