Saturday, August 20, 2011

Taryn is 2 Months Old!


Well, I'm a little lot late in posting her 2 month update.  But, better late than never... right?

Taryn turned 2 months on August 10th.  It's amazing how much she's grown.  She is so alert and interactive.  I love all of her little expressions and her emerging voice.  I'm just amazed at how much she's changed in just a month.  I look at her now and I'm just in awe.  I can't believe God blessed us with such a wonderul little girl!

So, what is Taryn up to?

Taryn has gotten BIG!  At her last doctors appointment she weighed 11 lbs even!  That was almost 2 weeks ago and I'm sure that number has grown because Little Miss is heavy!  She's also barely in a size 1 diaper.  We've since moved to cloth anyway... but, that's another post entirely!  Due to her growth in size and her big cloth diapered butt, she's now wearing 0-3 month clothes and a few 3-6 month items.  I will admit that I love that she's now able to wear cuter things and I've officially packed up her newborn clothing and sleepers:(

She has become more alert this month.  She tends to stay awake longer and is sleeping soooo much better now.  On average she goes to bed around 9:30 and wakes up around 4:30- 5:00 am.  She also loves to cuddle in the morning right before she nurses.  I love spending that time with her in the morning!

Taryn is also a busy body.  She can scoot herself around her crib very well.  We put her at one end of the crib and she manages to scoot herself clear to the other side.   During tummy time we got to see her roll over for the first time.  It happened twice!  We're not sure if it was a fluke, but we're going to count it because it happened more than once- ha!  Her arm movements are also less jerky and they seem more intentional. 

She has also developed great head control.  How do we know?  Because girlfriend is nosey!  She loves to be in other peoples business!  She also loves to 'talk' or coo and also enjoys it when others talk to her.  She has also begun to laugh out loud instead of just smiling!  and.... it's so stinking cute!

My Little Miss is also a pretty good eater.  She eats 4 oz about every 2 1/2 hours and sometimes wants a snack in between.  She is a breastfed baby who takes breastmilk in the bottle at times and has adjusted well to that change.

All in all, my baby is growing and changing at lightning speed.  It scares me that on Monday I will be starting a new school year and will be away from her for almost 8 hours during the day.  Thank goodness she'll be with my mom, the only other person I fully trust with her other than her father and myself.

  I will admit that I will miss spending all day with her and seeing every first.  I wonder if I'll ever really get used to this.  I never thought I could love anything or anyone this hard or deeply.  She's just pure joy!

Life is good!


1 comment: