Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Living Life Makes Blogging Hard!

It's been a week since my last post, but we've been really busy just living and getting things done for the baby.  I can't believe that she'll be here in a little over 4 weeks... that's just crazy!

So, what have we been doing besides working ?

Taking Baby Classes:  This is our CPR Class

Putting Gear Together:



Growing Bigger:  I look a little off, but everything hurts right now

Look at my Cankles- aren't they just fugly?

We've  also been researching the cost of a good camera.  They are just so expensive.  However, all of the above pictures were taken on my iphone and they just aren't getting the job done.  If you have any camera suggestions, please share.

I've also noticed that I'm so tired by the end of my work day.  I literally come home, take a shower, hubby cooks dinner and I'm literally knocked out.  The other teachers I work with are convinced that I will not make it until June to have this baby.  I've been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions and pressure in the lady parts.  Is this normal at 34 weeks?

Tomorrow I start my nonstress tests.  I have no idea of what to expect.  I'll be taking them twice weekly until Taryn arrives because I was not able to control my gestational diabetes with diet alone, so I'm now taking medication.    Hopefully, all will continue to go well from here and Little Miss will make her appearance as a healthy, normal sized baby.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am going to be 34 weeks this weekend and definitely feeling as "off" as you are. I also work in a school but currently on bedrest. The BH contractions are stronger for sure and the pelvic and lady area pressure is nearly unbearable at times. It makes it difficult to walk or stand. I'm due June 19th but I think many agreed I'm not going to make it that long. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I have to have the NST twice a week, too (because of my "advanced maternal age," LOL). There's not much to it. The wrap two monitors around your belly. One measures any contractions and the other tracks the Baby's heartrate. You also get a little buzzer type button that you have to hold and push whenever you feel Baby move. My doctor usually keeps me on about 20-30 minutes. I have noticed that sometimes my Baby wants to nap just after they hook us up; if that happens, a nice cold bottle of water usually wakes him up again so I can feel him moving and get some button presses in! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete