Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anniversary Trip Part III: Savannah

We started off our day with breakfast on the veranda of the bed and breakfast we were staying in.  It was a gorgeous morning. 

When we were done we went shopping on King Street.  That's where I bought a pair of Tori B. Flip flops. 

                         
We had to check out of the inn at 11, so we packed our things and headed out to Savannah.  Before we left Charleston, Mr. P decided that he wanted to visit the USS Yorktown.  He was so excited to visit.  From the moment we got there I heard the story of how he visited this ship when he was little and how "cool" it was.  Well, it was 99 degress and with the humidity it felt like 109.  This ship had NO air conditioning... so it was anything but cool.


The hubs had a great time.  It was like he was little kid exploring all the exhibits and tours.  I felt like I was in hell but I wore a smile the entire time because I didn't want him to be worried about if I was having a good time or not. 

 Next, we hopped in the car and headed to Savannah.  This wass our room at the Presidents Quarters.  Pictures really don't do this room justice.



Mr. P on the porch off of our suite.  It looked over the courtyard of the inn. 

 
 
After we settled in, we went to eat at one of our favorite casual eateries along the Savannah river, Tubby's Tank House.  The atmosphere is fun and the view of the river is great from the rooftop deck.  The hubs hates to take pictures, so he decided to pose .


We then went Savannah Sweet Shop to have banana ice cream, Mr. P's favorite.  He talked about this ice cream forever and I was excited for him to have it just so that he  could get it out of his system.  I had peach ice cream and it was fabulous.  Mr. P was  a litte disappointed because they changed the banana to bananh cream pie.  He said he liked it... but I could tell that it was missing the little something extra that made it special... Oh well, I guess the banana love affair is over.

 It was extremely hot and the heat just zapped all of our energy.  We dicided to take a break and go rest in our room.  When were done with our little nap, we woke up and decided to eat the mini replica of our wedding cake.  We ate the top of our cake on our wedding night.  So, we had the bakery who made our wedding cake make this one. 
We ended the evening by heading back out for a carriage ride.  It turned out to be a great evening. 
                           
We did a ghost walking tour which was pretty good. I'm still amazed at how fast this first year has passed. I can't wait for 50+ more.

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm late but happy anniversary. I've been reading your blog and I feel like I have a kinship with you. Not crazy stalking kinship, but from reading your post are life kinda parelles. Don't give up on the baby making just enjoy the process...lol!! I also had several miscarriages and thought it would never happen for us. It took me and my hubby over a year to get pregnant with our daughter, but it happened. If you want a great book that did wonders for easing my stress levels, I would highly recommend, Taking Charge of your Fertility by Tony Weschler. Some of the stuff seems wacky but it works.

    Best of luck to you and have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm so glad that I went through to look at the comments because I wouldn't have found your post if I hadn't. It's so encouraging to hear about other people who have found success after having a miscarriage. I NEVER in a million years thought that could happen to us because no one close to me had ever had one. I was charting, but took a break because of the stress.

    ReplyDelete