Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a Great Fourth of July Weekend!

The weekend began with a visit from my darling husband's sister TM. We went to eat and then go cart racing. The two of them are so funny because they are so competitive. They practically ran each other down on the track, while lapping me 4 times!! It was really fun.



On the 4th, the darling husband got the grill ready and the food grilling. He's so great!


He restrained our puppies from getting the first taste of our holiday feast. Poor Maize just couldn't help himself, even though the grill was swirling in fire and smoke he tried to get a little to close ...
He's sweet and good looking, but not the brightest pup on the block-LOL

The husband did his duties and manned the grill, while I got things ready inside. We had burgers, brats and pasta salad.


At the last minute, we decided to go and watch the fireworks at a local theme park. We waited patiently for it to start (ie- me taking pictures of us to pass the time)



Then we ended the night with the best fireworks show that I've seen in a long time. Here's a little taste of it.

I hope your 4th was as fun and eventful as ours!

1 comment:

  1. This is great to keep up with you guys!! Always happy to see the pups make an appearance....Bernie and Malley need to get to know their fam!! Thanks for dinner and racing....and just remind T I kicked his butt :)

    ReplyDelete