There is nothing sweeter than a father's love for his daughter. Taryn's relationship with her dad is so amazing! She lights up everytime her dad enters the room. She thinks the world of him and this is evident in her excitement and giggles whenever he's close.
Listening to the radio today, I heard a song that nearly stopped me in my tracks. It was 'My Little Girl' by Tim Mcgraw. Through the lyrics I could imagine the relationship between Taryn and her dad evolve over time. It literally brought me to tears.
Here are a couple of stanzas from the song:
I remember I thought you looked like an angel
Wrapped in pink, so soft and warm
You've had me wrapped around your finger
Since the day you were born
Wrapped in pink, so soft and warm
You've had me wrapped around your finger
Since the day you were born
Someday, some boy will come
And ask me for your hand
But I won't say yes to him unless I know
He's the half that makes you whole
He has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man
I know he'll say that he's in love
But between you and me
He won't be good enough
And ask me for your hand
But I won't say yes to him unless I know
He's the half that makes you whole
He has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man
I know he'll say that he's in love
But between you and me
He won't be good enough
You beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road
That'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl
Chase your dreams but always know the road
That'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl
I truly believe that a little girls relationship with her father is essential. It sets the tone for how she views herself and her expectations of how future suitors should treat her. The young man who will be lucky enough to earn her heart will have big shoes to fill, because in my husband's eyes she will always be his little girl.
what a beautiful post with such lovely pictures! i love how you describe the way she acts when she sees her dad! :)
ReplyDelete