We started the week a little concerned with Taryn's breathing and weight gain and decided a trip to the Pedi was in order. I didn't like how congested she was sounding (she doesn't have a cold) and how it seemed like she was uncomfortable nursing. I was also worried that she wasn't gaining quickly enough because a colleague of mine had a baby on the same day that I had Taryn, her baby weighed less at birth, yet was now an entire pound bigger than Taryn. So, the new mama alarms were ringing like crazy and I knew that I wouldn't be able to wait until August (our 2 month appointment) to get answers.
So, I got her dressed and we went in during the open walk in time. I love that our Pedi offers this because who knows how long I would have waited if I had to rely on setting an appointment.
We didn't have to wait long to be seen and I was thankful for that. I had nursed Taryn before we left and I'm always thinking ahead to when the next feeding would be. I love when we can get things done in a timely manner and that I don't have to worry about her being fussy. When we got back the nurse wanted to review why we were visiting and did a general check and weight measure.
It turns out that little miss was gaining just fine, weighing in at 7lbs 16 oz- basically 8 pounds! The pedi recommends that breastfed babies gain about .5-1 ounces a day, and at this weight, Taryn was gaining a little more than an ounce a day. So, I was very relieved! One problem down!
The nurse practitioner came in and checked her oxygen rate and breathing and everything was great! Her lungs were clear. She did notice that there was congestion and she said that it wasn't a big deal, and that if we were still concerned or noticed any wheezing, to schedule a revisit. I love that our concerns were taken seriously and that every time we visit that the staff goes out of their way to make sure that we leave with no questions. As new parents this is invaluable and much appreciated!
After our visit to the doctor, it was time to have a little fun. We went for breakfast and then to the mall. I was so excited just to get out! I love to shop and I found out that Taryn loves to shop too! This was the first time that we got to roll out her stroller, so we took a pic to commemorate the occasion.
There were so many great sales! I thought that I was seriously going to go broke. Between Gymboree and Baby Gap, we ended up with some very cute things for super cheap. Here are just a few of the things that we got at Baby Gap and I didn't pay over $9 for anything!
Shopping with her was fun. My mind can't help but wonder how much more fabulous outings like this will be when she's older. It was a great way to end the day.


i also took advantage of the babygap sale!! it was fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteHaving fun after finding out that your baby is fine is understandable. After all, that's the best way to celebrate, right? And taking advantage of the babyap sale is also a good thing, since sales are blessings to shoppers.
ReplyDelete