......CRY!
I'm serious! I would totally cry.
My husband and I are both teachers. In order to provide for Taryn's future educational needs, we both need to work. It was wonderful having her at the start of my summer vacation because it allowed me uninterupted time with her on paid time that didn't consist of me using up my sick days. However, the thought of putting her in daycare as an infant was not even an option in my mind.
At 8 weeks old, I couldn't imagine leaving my baby with strangers when she couldn't tell me what's going on. That's why when my mom decided to keep Taryn, I was so relieved. First of all, I don't have to worry about her not being changed or stimulated because I know my mother believes the same things that I do... after all I learned from her how to take care of a little one. I also love that my baby is always clean, cared for and that I get plenty of cell phone picture updates daily-LOL
I do have my opinions about certain things pertaining to Taryn. Sometimes my mom listens and other times she doesn't. But, I don't mind because she raised me and I'm still here. So, I suppose she knows what she's doing.
What I know for sure is that my daughter loves her and enjoys her time with her. She is developing a close relationship that I hope lasts a lifetime. A grandparent's love is special. They are allowed to spoil and dote without the heavy handed dicipline.
I am going to enroll Taryn into our church daycare in January when she's 7 months old. I think the interaction with other kids would be of benefit and they have a Christian curriculum that I'm excited for her to learn.
I think my mom is starting to waiver at the thought of letting her go. To be honest, I'm a little worried about how she'll make the adjustment from Grandma's undivided attention to being 1 of 6 little ones (with 2 teachers). However, we'll just take things one day at a time and just see what happens.
No matter what, the bonding that Taryn has had with her grandma can never be replaced. And... I'm thankful that she had the opportunity to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment